Sunday, February 14, 2010

“When you wear a fresh pair of shoes, you feel like you can never die. You feel like you’re gonna live forever.”-Chi McBride

Born Kenneth McBride in Chicago, Illinois, "Chi" is a nickname for his hometown. McBride is unusual among actors in that he did not begin his acting career until the age of 30. He is notable for his television roles on Boston Public, The John Larroquette Show, House, The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer, Killer Instinct and Pushing Daisies.

What a lot of you probably don't know is that Chi is a true "sneakerhead". His collection is well into the hundreds and includes several pair that he designed himself. His shoe game is respected so much so that solecollector.com enlisted him to do a weekly blog about what's going on in the sneaker world. Nike enlisted him to design his own hybrid sneaker which combined the Nike AF1 and the Nike Dunk U.N.K.L.E. "Dunkle"
I'm 36 and I catch flack every now and again about my love for sneaks.I really don't see my love for kicks dying anytime soon and people like Chi give me inspiration to continue.  For my birthday my wife planned a party and I reluctantly decided to wear a pair of suede loafers. That night my wife said that I "decided to dress like I was 36", all the while I was thinking "Damn, I should've wore those fresh Adidas I just copped". Well honey Chi is 46! So I have at least 10 more good years of being a sneakerhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment